Dates and Cost of the 2020 Thailand Adventure
The two week, 2020 adventure will run from January 11 – January 26!
The cost for the trip is
- $2895 for the first 8 students to join this adventure (after the 8th student pays their deposit, we will remove this pricing option from the website)
- $3195 for the final 8 students to join this journey
- For your own private room, add $300 to the total.
Deposit: A $1000 non-refundable deposit guarantees your place. In the unlikely event that a minimum of 8 students have not submitted their deposits by October 15th, the trip will be rescheduled and all deposits returned in full. We will let you know when the 8th student registers so that you can purchase your plane ticket at that time.
Final payment must be received by December 1.
The application process is as follows: Fill out the online application here. Once we receive it, Paul will call you to discuss the trip with you. If you and Paul both feel like this is a good match, then you will pay the deposit (or full payment) through PayPal.
- Educational training, transportation for all school related events and lodging. Licensed Massage Therapists will earn 50 CE’s for this trip and all will recieve a certificate of completion.
- Eight days of study with Pichest, visits with local healers, a two day meditation retreat, the cooking class, the herbal compress class, cave temple visits and much more.
- Around the clock attention by Paul and his assistant where you will benefit from their extensive experience. Understand that what you are paying for is not just the housing, transportation, education and the like. You are paying for Paul’s experience, connections and knowledge and for opening doors to teachers and places you would probably not find on your own.
What’s not included
- Your plane ticket to and from Thailand
- Food, though often lunches are given at Pichest’s (understand that food is very cheap. We often go to a vegetarian Chinese place for our breakfast soup in the morning and the cost for a big bowl of noodle soup is 25 baht – less than $1)
- Travel Insurance (required)
Amount to budget for food, self-care, and shopping
We believe that $500-$1000 should comfortably cover you depending on your spending habits of course. Thai massage treatments, Thai pants, Thai pillows, a Jivaka statue, laundry or gifts are all super cheap but can add up after a while! It just depends how you eat (on the street at the market or in a more western style restaurant), whether you are a shopper and love to buy cool things or you have a taste for fancy spas!
What the entire trip might cost you
- Program Cost: ~3000
- Airfare: $700-1000
- General Budget (Food, non-school related transport, self-care, shopping): $500-$1000
- Travel Insurance: $100
- Total cost incurred: Approx $5000
Ideas for fundraising
The most important thing is setting your intention — imagining yourself receiving the gift that will allow you to experience this trip. Then, once you are clear, go for it. Talk it up, share your story, swallow your pride, ask for what you want. Do a fundraiser, make it happen! We will do what we can to support you.