Blue Lotus Thai Healing Studies seeks to promote health and peace through excellence in education, compassion in action, service to our community, and honoring the connection to Thailand and the lineage of Thai bodywork.
Our Core Values
- Development of compassion, loving kindness,mindfulness, understanding, patience and wisdom is the highest good.
- Thai bodywork, sometimes called “compassion in action”, can help us to gain a better understanding of these ideals.
- Seva, a Sanskrit word defined as Selfless Service, giving with no desire to get something back, is a powerful way to nurture and grow these ideals.
- Tension in our mind and body is a main cause of pain and suffering in the world.
- Therapeutic touch can help transform physical and mental dis-ease.
- Sharing compassionate touch is one of the greatest gifts we can give and receive.
The foundation of Blue Lotus is our in-depth training program in Thai Bodywork based in mindfulness, compassion and clear instruction. The lead teacher and director of the 200 Hour Training is Paul Fowler.
The training consists of direct instruction for 7 months and consists of six 27 hour weekends (one per month) with an additional 14 hour weekend in the sixth month. In addition to the seven weekends, there are student clinic, community service, and home practice requirements.
Blue Lotus has graduated many classes in Chicago, Ann Arbor, Michigan and Peoria, Illinois.