Digestion and Detoxification
Sat, Sep 15
For those who have taken level one abdominal already, Felicity Joy will be doing a level one refresher on Saturday, September 15, 9am-5pm. Location TBD.
This refresher course covers the topics from Felicity’s Abdominal Massage Level 1 course which covered the below concepts and techniques.
- Abdominal problems arise due to the food we consume, the pollution we breathe in, and our thoughts and emotions.
- Within the abdomen:
- Observe and detoxify the skin and fascia.
- Release adhesions and scars.
- Treat the muscles.
- Clean and stimulate the digestive organs.
- Improve the body’s energy flow by learning to recognize blocks and release them.
- Learn about the most common digestive disorders, their origins and how nutrition can ensure that chronic problems do not take hold.
- Look at nutritional, mineral and vitamin therapies to facilitate the body’s natural desire to return to good health.
- Review simple exercises and life changes to keep the digestive system and its supporting organs working effectively.
- Observe the personality and treat the organs that are compromised due to unreleased emotion.
Felicity Joy began her training in 1989 at Old Medicine Hospital under Ajahn Pichest. She continued her studies in the UK in holistic massage, sports injury, aromatherapy, Reiki, craniosacral therapy, Chi Nei Tsang and Karsai Nei Tsang. She also studied iridology, naturopathy and nutrition, and trained at the British Society of Spiritualists and Psychics. She returned to Thailand annually to study with the masters Chiayuth, Pichest, Mama Lek, Asokananda, Master Som, Khun Ni and healers throughout the country. In 2000, she became a teacher for the Sunshine Network and has gone on to become one of its senior teachers. In 2004 she left a successful practice at TriYoga London and moved to Thailand to create and teach the advanced courses at the Sunshine School in Chiang Mai.