Assistant Training in the 200 Hour Training
If you decide you wish to retake the program with added benefits and opportunities, you may join Blue Lotus as an Assistant. This program is a special training for those who wish to advance further in their studies and is offered only to a limited number of students per class. In order to qualify for this program, you must have completed all the requirements from a previous Blue Lotus Class.
Here are the requirements and details of the assistant program.
- You graduated and received a diploma from a Blue Lotus 200 hour (or six month) training program
- You have a regular Thai bodywork practice
- You have graduated less than three years ago. If you graduated more than three years ago, you will need proof of 25 hours of continuing education in the field of Thai bodywork
- You must participate in the scheduled one day, 7 hour, training session that will take place before the first weekend training begins
- You must receive 3 individual tutoring sessions from the Lead Teacher (or two from the Lead Teacher and one from the Lead Assistant) where the teacher receives work from the assistant and gives feedback. Two of them should be completed before the first weekend training begins
- Commit to a minimum of two full days each training weekend. They should be the same days every 27 hour weekend. Priority will be given to those who can participate 3 or 4 days throughout the weekend
- You will look to the Lead Assistant for roles and responsibilities during each weekend
- You must participate in two Student Clinic sessions and one Seva day
- You will be eligible for a 20% discount on Blue Lotus Continuing Education classes (including for the advanced training program (somewhere around 100 hours) that will begin this fall) *the discount does not apply to visiting teachers
- Cost for the program which includes the 3 private tutoring sessions and the full day training is $500 to be paid upon acceptance